Cochrane Ranche was established in 1881 and operated for 97 years with numerous owners . Each owner developing the site to take advantage of the rich resources offered by the land . This structure was constructed in the 1920s as part of the Brickyard established by Peter Collins [1, 2]. The building is initially thought to have been a bunkhouse for the Brickyard, but was also referred to as a stable by later informants . The building is thought to have stood from 1921 to 1971 based on the artefacts associated with the structure, after which the building was demolished . The remains of the building were excavated by Bison Historical Services prior to the construction of an interchange at the intersection of Highway 1A and Highway 22 by Alberta Transportation .
July 21, 2020
Field Documentation Type: